Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Hello World!



What is this blog about?  In 3 words, "I don't know".

Well, first a few things about me.

I've been married for almost 21 years.  I have two sons, Seth who is 17 and Chase who is 14 as of this writing.  I'm a Christian and I not only believe but I know that Christ died for me and is my Lord and Savior. 

We live in Texas, just outside of Dallas in a little town named Lavon.  I'm a graduate of Texas Christian University and I currently work in the Information Technology field. 

I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars fan.  Sports play a big part in our lives as both boys play baseball at a high level as well as basketball and run cross country.

So back to the original question, what is this blog about?

I like getting involved in many things.  I am a licensed firearm dealer (FFL) and part-owner of a water and fire restoration company in addition to my full-time job.  I also enjoy running, health and fitness, saving money, investing, side hustles, Christian Apologetics, and a variety of other topics.

I have an existing website for my gun business,  a blog, and a podcast.  I also have an old blog that I haven't updated in a while.  Please check these out.

I thought I would create this blog to give me an avenue to discuss and share other information that I am interested in.  This blog will be an informational site as well as one where I share some personal information.

What does the title of this blog mean?

My approach to each day and the advice I have shared with my kids is to "Do the hard things first".

I try and knock out anything that I either don't want to do because it is difficult or  unpleasant early in my day.  This frees my mind up so I am not subconsciously dreading some activity.   This helps me eliminate any procrastination and helps me be more productive.

Also, I have always tried things just to see if I can do them.  Examples are running a marathon, taking karate lessons, becoming an FFL, starting a restoration business, and starting a podcast to name a few.  A reason some people never become the person they want to be is because they never start.

So, just "Do The Hard Things".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Mass Index, what's it good for?

I have come to terms with the fact that I need to lose some weight.  "Some" is the operative word in that previous statement.  If ...